The fourth phase of the Tunisian Coastal Protection Programme (PPLT-4) developed by the Coastal Protection and Development Agency (APAL) and the Ministry of Local Affairs and Environment and co-financed by the German Federal Government foresees several measures and programme components, namely
- Measures to protect threatened areas and ecosystems for biodiversity conservation
- Measures to protect against coastal erosion: in the continuity of the previous phases of the LTAP programme, measures to combat erosion are planned on three sites, namely the section from Sousse south to Skanes (16 km), the section from Beni Khiar to Hammamet (15 km) and the north-eastern coast of Jerba (9 km).
- Institutional support
Within the framework of the granting of financing, KfW wishes to intervene at the stage of programme definition, as all the projects are not yet at the same stage of conception, and to have beforehand an Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) of the LPWP-4 programme which allows the integration of mitigation measures and accompanying actions of the projects in order to ensure the sustainability of the programmed investments and the durability of the envisaged works
- Field diagnosis including a recognition of the sensitivity of the environment with regard to the biodiversity component
- The elaboration of the Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) of the LTPP-4 programme which will allow to define the study sites and the specific environmental and social tools to be prepared in accordance with the new environmental and social framework of the World Bank;
- The implementation of the social component and the public consultation process of the programme;
- The implementation of the programme's Stakeholder Engagement Framework Plan (SEFP) aimed at identifying and mobilising relevant and/or affected stakeholders throughout the programme.