The aim is to draw up a transport master plan in order to define an overall policy for the transport infrastructure of the city of Antananarivo and to be able to draw up a schedule with prioritisation of investments in roads, tunnels and railways for the next 20 years.
The objectives of the study of the Transport Master Plan in the city of Antananarivo are to
- To define the strategies and policies for the development and extension of the Antananarivo Agglomeration based on population growth and easement needs;
- To improve and facilitate the transport of passengers and goods in the city of Antananarivo;
- Strengthen the economic and tourism development of the country;
- To reduce poverty in the project area and in the country.
The study is divided into three phases:
- Diagnosis of the current transport and urbanisation situation in the Antananarivo agglomeration
- Modelling of transport systems in the city and traffic forecasting
- Study and elaboration of the master plan for transport in the Agglomeration