The Ministry of Equipment, Urban Planning and Sustainable Development has entrusted SCET-TUNISIE to carry out a study to improve the service (quality, efficiency) of the sea crossing between the island of Djerba and the continent, including the analysis of possible organizational options.
The study was carried out in three phases:
- Phase I: Inventory of the ferry services, at the technical, financial, institutional and legal levels, as well as the forecast of transport demand over a 20-year horizon;
- Phase II: Definition of the ferry service development program as well as the definition and evaluation of the scenarios of the service reorganization;
- Phase III: development of the conditions of implementation process of the scenario retained at the end of phase two, and verification of the feasibility of the operation from the point of view of all stakeholders in the project.
We conducted an in-depth study of the exploitation process of the sea crossing between Ajim and Jorf in order to better meet the transport demand between the continent and the island of Djerba.
The study has dealt with 3 particular issues:
- Size the offer of ferry services to current and future demand for 5, 10, 15 and 20 years and propose the possible exploitation modes and their budgetary and social consequences (public, private or public / private exploitation).
- Study the socio-economic and financial feasibility of each proposed exploitation mode In case of a purely public exploitation, evaluate the two following alternatives: maintenance of the exploitation at the level of the regional direction or autonomization of the service (by setting up a dedicated public company).
- Define the implementation modalities (including legal aspects) of the proposed options.