The intervention focused mainly on the "forest inventory" component of the study whose reference area covers 970,000 ha in the administrative region of Thies. This component consisted of a reconnaissance forest inventory which involved, according to sampling rates of 1 to 5% :
- 37,130 ha of Sahelian forest areas,
- 10,240 ha of Sahelian agro-silvicultural areas,
- 2,450 ha of reforestation
and this, with a view to identifying the typology of woody resources and their spatial distribution.
- Specific inventory of roasted tree stands over an area of 13,640 ha according to survey rates of 1 to 5%,
- Elaboration of a structural typology and determination of volumes,
- Research into the best ways to involve the local population.