The project is part of the Kirehe Community Based Watershed Management Project (KWAMP), supported by an IFAD grant to Rwanda, for the development of 800 ha of hillside perimeters irrigated downstream of 4 Dams.
The works planned for each site include:
the construction of the dam itself (a compacted earth dyke):
- Implementation of a Dam dike (Compacted earth homogeneous type)
- Construction of the valves chamber, supply and laying the dewatering pipes and irrigation intake
- Construction of the Anchor trench
- Supply and laying of drains and filters
- Digging of ditch at the foot of the dam and its connection to the main bed
- Rockfilling of the downstream foot of the dyke
- Spillway earthwork
- Construction of the threshold and spillway plunge pool in reinforced concrete and masonry
- Supply and laying of the hydro-mechanical equipments and implementation of miscellaneous works
- Construction of access roads
Supervision of works.