This study is part of the implementation of the PADI-Dja, whose policy foundations are based on strategic objectives for Cameroon:
- Reducing poverty to a socially acceptable level,
- Enable Cameroon to achieve middle-income country status,
- Making Cameroon a Newly Industrialized Country (NIC)
The study area covers approximately 21,500 km²:
- 8,500 km² for the commune of Messaména (850,000 ha)
- 13,000 km² for the commune of Lomié (1,300,000 ha)
The study includes 3 tasks:
Mission 1: Elaboration of the Land Use Plan of each municipality, this mission consists of 3 phases:
- Phase 1: concerns the establishment of the diagnosis of each Commune
- Phase 2: concerns the proposal of 2 development scenarios
- Phase 3: concerns the finalisation of the justification report and the planning regulations of the POS for the selected development scenario.
Mission 2: Elaboration of the Sector Plan on a defined area for each commune. This mission comprises 3 phases:
- Phase 1: concerns the establishment of a detailed urban diagnosis of the selected area;
- Phase 2: concerns the development of 2 development scenarios;
- Phase 3: concerns the finalisation of the justification report and the town planning regulations of the Sector Plan.
Mission 3: Development of the technical studies for the emergency development programme within the SP (1000 plots including 100 social housing units). This mission comprises 2 phases:
- Phase 1: concerns the establishment of the Preliminary Project Summary (PPS),
- Phase 2: concerns the preparation of the Detailed Preliminary Project File (DPF) and the consultation of companies.